Sunday, February 20, 2011

Be passionate!







My favorite place for dining and entertainment in Johnson City is The Friendly Bar Bistro at 106 N. Nugent Ave., just down the block from the bank. The Friendly Bar has a storied past, but Ed Thompson, manager and chef has turned the stories from the days of old on their ear. In a small establishment, Ed turns out delicous dishes with fresh ingredients sourced from all over. If you stop in once, you’re a regular, and Ed will know your name before you leave. Ed turns out amazing food from a tiny kitchen where the chef is your server, and every plate is inspected by the chef as it goes out. Last Friday night I had the Cesar salad and the crab cakes, Awesome all the way around. As I was eating alone at the bar, I watched Wheel of Fortune, chatting with the lady next to me Judy Moore, who is half of the Dos Amigos Band I was about to watch. We both wondered how much Vanna White makes, knowing it was more than we make since she has had her gig almost 20 years. Vanna is the same age as me, but I’m thinking she may have had a little work done, since she looks cover girl fresh at 54 years old.
Ed always has fantastic bands that play at The Friendly Bar Bistro. It reminds me of the 70’s in Austin, when you could sit down and have a beer and chat it up with whoever had the stage on a particular night. Ed is passionate about his little Bistro in Johnson City, and it shows, take a look and see for yourself.

http://friendlybarbistro.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment